ISO not working on some devices

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Zathor

ISO not working on some devices

Post by Zathor »

On 2 of my 3 devices DVD ISO files cannot be shown. The screen is black for a few seconds and then the screen returns to the ISO title selection screen. Logs are attached.

PS3: working
Android: not working
WDTV: not working

Code: Select all

[pool-9-thread-1] Exception in thread "pool-9-thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at net.pms.dlna.DVDISOTitle.resolveOnce(DVDISOTitle.java:214)
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.resolve(DLNAResource.java:1080)
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.run(DLNAResource.java:927)
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
[pool-9-thread-1] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Likely this is a part of the error?

It did work for the WDTV a long, long time ago (not with 2.6.5). Not sure about the android device as this is a new one.
Attachments
debug_wdtv.zip
(27.99 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
debug_ps3.zip
(28.75 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
debug_android.zip
(28.73 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Zathor

Re: ISO not working on some devices

Post by Zathor »

Sadly still the same problem with 3.0.0. Android log file attached - if required I can also upload the WDTV log files.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(41.1 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

I dont have any ISO's to test with and see if i can reproduce it.

But i did find this site:
http://www.w6rz.net/

under: HD DVD Test Pattern Disc
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

The link you provided is for a HD DVD. I have the problems with normal DVDs - so MPEG-2 VOB files. I try to find a sample.
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

Found a sample: http://www.deniscarl.com/dvdtest/
or direct link: http://www.deniscarl.com/dvdtest/videotest.zip

It is working with PS3 but not with my WDTV or Android device. If you need the log for this ISO as well I will upload them.
ch2375

Post by ch2375 »

This bug (or some derivative) has been an issue since version 2.2.2 (except 2.2.3) and is related to mencoder. I reported it as a bug on Dec. 22, 2012 (tracking number 28) and although it received some attention back then, it seems to have since been forgotten. Version 2.2.3 (windows only) rolled back mencoder to version SB42 which fixed the random issue with some DVD iso's.

It's too bad that this can't be resolved because it is the only flaw with UMS that I know, but affects me (possibly others) greatly because I have backed up my entire dvd collection to DVD iso's. Unfortunately, simply replacing mencoder with an older version (usually from 2.2.3) no longer works. I tried it several times since the issue was figured out and it worked for a while. However, now when I do this, although the DVD iso begins to play and I don't receive any errors, the playback starts at some random point of the movie and immediately freezes.

I have tried both Windows and Linux and they both exhibit the problem, so it is not platform dependent either.