4K HDR Sony UBP X-800

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
teidybugi

4K HDR Sony UBP X-800

Post by teidybugi »

Hi!

I have created a new topic where I would focus for playing 4K HDR movies on Sony UBP X-800 instead of posting it on my previous topic https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... =9&t=13126. So far I haven't been able to play 4K HDR movies with UMS, I can play it directly from blu-ray player (with external hard drive), but then I have problems if audio is not supported and subtitles are not showing unless they are external.
SubJunk did send me a config file to test it, at first I got errors that the file is corrupted or unsupported format, but later I reset UMS settings to default and tried it again with the config and it finally played movies. Unfortunately the movies were stuttering really bad, the quality (went up to 40 mb/s) was not as good as playing directly from MKV (is up to 90 mb/s) and it didn't play HDR. I haven't been sucesfull playing HDR with any of transcoding, only with MKV (no transcode). I hope is okay if I posted new topic, because I didn't want to confuse too much with previous topic and that problem was resolved for my blu-ray player (connecting it to the UMS).

I'm thanking you for any help, since I'm really not familiar with the program.

Sincerely,
teidybugi
Attachments
ums_dbg6.zip
log for playing movies with this test config
(975.13 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Sony-UBP.conf
SubJunk test config
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 371 times