[Solved] UMS Won't Startup

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
randomusername

Re: UMS Won't Startup

Post by randomusername »

I'd can give it a try, but I am not sure if I can rebreak the path. I'm going to try a system restore from earlier today and see if I can reproduce it.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There's no need for system restore, it's easy to break the PATH on any Windows installation. Just make sure that some of the paths are invalid, that is: contains characters invalid for storage paths. You can easily "construct" this issue on your own Windows SubJunk.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It would be helpful if you can try to set an invalid path since I won't be at my Windows machine for a few days and it would be nice to get this wrapped up before then.
Here's an attempted fix which hopefully skips over invalid sections of the path:

https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... b5529a.jar
randomusername

Post by randomusername »

I rebroke the path tried the old ums.jar and after seeing it not run replaced it with the new ums-9.0.0-b2-1d7b5529a. It works now with the broken path.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

railiyat wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am Are you running any firewalls/AV products?
Great, another spambot...
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Yup looks like. There's no spam yet but I'll keep an eye on him and as soon as any links appear he's gone.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There's no reason to wait, look at his other posts - they are just copies of other posts in the same thread.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

yes, you're right. I didn't look back at the previous posts in the threads. I'll hit him with the Ban Hammer :D
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

:thumbsup:
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

randomusername wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 pm I rebroke the path tried the old ums.jar and after seeing it not run replaced it with the new ums-9.0.0-b2-1d7b5529a. It works now with the broken path.
Thanks so much for all your testing, I'll look to merge that fix and hopefully that can resolve the issue for more users

And thanks for all the help with spammers mik_s!