V8 and Youtube?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
excaliburr

V8 and Youtube?

Post by excaliburr »

HI

I just downloaded v8 and want to use it as a frontend for Youtube.So I added couple Web content but I am not seeing any videos? I see some channels added but they are shown as just numbers instead of the actual channel name.

I am wondering if Youtube supposed to work? If so can someone please advise me with the right settings and right Youtube url format?

Here is a portion of the log, seems parsing errors. Bug?

Code: Select all

ERROR 16:34:31.234 [DLNAResource resolver thread 22-2] Error in parsing stream: https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=FZDSCHOOL                                                      
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at net.pms.network.HTTPResource.downloadAndSendBinary(HTTPResource.java:222)
        at net.pms.network.HTTPResource.downloadAndSendBinary(HTTPResource.java:196)
        at net.pms.dlna.Feed.parse(Feed.java:108)
        at net.pms.dlna.Feed.resolveOnce(Feed.java:94)
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.resolve(DLNAResource.java:1576)
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.syncResolve(DLNAResource.java:1561)
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.run(DLNAResource.java:1358)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

thanks
excaliburr

Re: V8 and Youtube?

Post by excaliburr »

No one uses this with Youtube?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I've never done it at least. I don't quite see the point either, you can access youtube directly form computers, phones, many TV's etc. Google does everything it can to "sabotage" access from outside their own delivery system, because they want to force-feed you a lot of ads. I wouldn't want to spend my time with this cat-and-mouse game to get access to what is on youtube.
Last edited by Nadahar on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
excaliburr

Post by excaliburr »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. THis whole point of you can access youtube anywhere is not a good analogy in this case because we are talking about being able to cast youtube streams to any device we want using a server like this. At least my use case has nothing to do with not being able to access youtube with other ways, I just would like to be able to cast streasm to some of the players I have here.

In any case I was just wondering.