Java 8 update 212

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Chalkiejim

Java 8 update 212

Post by Chalkiejim »

Since updating to the latest version of Java, (Java 8 update 212), UMS is no longer showing up on any of my devices. All the devices show up in the UMS status though. I have got it working again by uninstalling Java and then making UMS install the base version for it to run. This is not an ideal solution as you should always run the latest version. Is there is going to be a UMS update to address this?
Nadahar

Re: Java 8 update 212

Post by Nadahar »

It sounds like a problem with your Windows firewall rules. I assume you run Windows, since this problem really only occurs on Windows 10. The Java installation installs some firewall rules to allow incoming traffic to Java programs, and this doesn't always work. UMS doesn't deal with your firewall rules at all, that's between you, Java and Windows.
Chalkiejim

Post by Chalkiejim »

I think I've solved it now. For some reason the Java version on my PC was a 32 bit version. I uninstalled it and then put the 64 bit one on. Hey presto and all is now working again. Thanks for the reply though.
thifilde

Post by thifilde »

'm having trouble after updating the java devices to find UMS already try to install java again. all devices appear on the screen of the ums plus the ums do not appear on the tvs hellp
thifilde

Post by thifilde »

help please ???