PS3 Slim 20xx Help!!!!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Smoker1

PS3 Slim 20xx Help!!!!

Post by Smoker1 »

OK, my old PS3 (Phat BC) works great with UMS.........but there are times where it has a mind of it's own, where you go into a Folder that DOES have Video Files, but for some reason, UMS shows that there are no Files present.......oh, and it will sway that for every other Folder as well, until you Restart the System.

Now, my new Slim PS3, I want to throw out the damn Window. What are the preferred Internet Connection Settings???????

Connection is -
PS3 directly connected to PC with CAT6 LAN Cable. Read that if you can Set the PS3's IP Address to 1 specific Address, it will help.........HOW????????? I try to enter the IP Address I want, Subnet Mask is easy, right? 255.255.255.0 ? But then, it is requiring that I enter Primary/Secondary DNS. I can't set the IP without it. I keep getting a DLNA 2104 Error damn near every time I try to run UMS on my Slim PS3. I set the Settings to that 100BASE-TX Half Duplex. But apparently that is not enough.

What are the best Settings