UMS does not show up in Samsung Q7FN

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sdabrams3

UMS does not show up in Samsung Q7FN

Post by sdabrams3 »

Under sources on my Samsung Q7FN the UMS icon does not show up in the sources tab. It appears to be running on the UMS interface but not from within the TV.
When you check the renders that are loaded you see the 6,8&9 series but nothing for the Q7 series.

Any ideas - have tried installing both the 8.2 and 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 versions with no success. Have enabled both the public and private tabs within Windows 10 allowing applications through firewalls.

Any ideas?

Scott
valib
Developer

Re: UMS does not show up in Samsung Q7FN

Post by valib »

It seems like the windows firewall problem. Try to disable it.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

valib wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:18 am It seems like the windows firewall problem. Try to disable it.
Have tried disabling the firewall and allowing UMS.exe as an accepted app through the firewall.

Even reinstalled Java for 8.2 UMS and still UMS shows all my TV's with IP addresses yet there is no UMS to access through the source on either the Sony or Samsung TV.

Nothing is working have used UMS for years with little to no problems and don't understand why this is happening now.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Check that after multiple attempts the Java exception tab opened up for public and private networks and after allowing private both my sony and Samsung appeared and was available.

Would like to try the 9.0 beta versions but no afraid to attempt after it screwed everything up.

Is 9.0 tied to Java? Has anyone else has problems with UMS showing up under their tv source tab?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It's likely that the first time you run v9 you will get a firewall prompt so just make sure you allow it fully