[Solved] Set bigger font when using external .srt

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Vido05

[Solved] Set bigger font when using external .srt

Post by Vido05 »

Is there a way to set bigger font when I use external .srt file, because "Font scale" inside ums does not make it bigger it only works when translation is embeded in side .mkv ?
Last edited by Vido05 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valib
Developer

Re: Set bigger font when using external .srt

Post by valib »

This can be done only at the renderer side or specify it in the subs file. The UMS only send the subs file as it is.
Vido05

Post by Vido05 »

valib wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:16 am This can be done only at the renderer side or specify it in the subs file. The UMS only send the subs file as it is.
But embeded srt in side of mkv works just fine when I set size to 2
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Because you do not send the log I only guess that your renderer does not support embedded subtitles and the video is transcoded and font size, color etc. is working. If external subs are not supported by renderer than the video is transcoded too and the font size is working. Seems like your renderer supports external subtitles and the result is like I wrote before.
Vido05

Post by Vido05 »

Here is the log, I tried setting

Code: Select all

<font size="16px" color="white">phrase</font>
and

<font size="16" color="white">phrase</font> 
but that also did not worked
Edit: Also when I play same movie from usb drive font is "bigger" respectively to size from UMS
Tnx for helping out
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 400 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

The log is almost useless. It is not made in the TRACE mode. Please read the Forum rules written in red above and follow the instructions. What was usefull from your log is that you do not set the shared folders. The UMS is scanning all your "/home/slobodan" folder and its subfolders not only folders with media. There are thousand not media files the UMS tries to monitor for changes but it makes an error

Register error: java.io.IOException: User limit of inotify watches reached
Vido05

Post by Vido05 »

valib wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am The log is almost useless. It is not made in the TRACE mode. Please read the Forum rules written in red above and follow the instructions. What was usefull from your log is that you do not set the shared folders. The UMS is scanning all your "home" folder and its subfolders not only folders with media.
Sorry I totally forgot to do trace first here it is https://mega.nz/#!AR5iWagK!kR7EYCfKwHXS ... r51dKPkQG8
Also I have one folder shared https://imgur.com/a/Bwsvv5j
Last edited by Vido05 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I edited my last post in the time you wrote your answer. Please remove the "/home/slobodan" folder from the shared folders and for the testing disable the "Scan shared folders on startup". It makes the log full of not usefull information. And try to play the video with subtitles which does not work for you. Than send the log.

EDIT: I also find the wrong setting for "audio/subtitles" languages. You have

srp,*,eng;*,und
but it should be

*,srp;*,eng;*,und
Also your TV is not properly recognized.
Vido05

Post by Vido05 »

valib wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 am I edited my last post in the time you wrote your answer. Please remove the "/home/slobodan" folder from the shared folders and for the testing disable the "Scan shared folders on startup". It makes the log full of not usefull information. And try to play the video with subtitles which does not work for you. Than send the log.
I also edited mine here is latest log
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(56.66 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I see the problem. You have to enable "Use font settings (size, color..)" at the FFMpeg Video setting page or set in the UMS.conf

ffmpeg_fontconfig = true