Subtitles with MKV file

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
soyo

Subtitles with MKV file

Post by soyo »

Hi

First of all, congrats and big thanks to creators of this media server! I'm just in the process of transitioning from Serviio due to the fact that the server sometimes goes AWOL and I have to get up from my couch and restart it manually. Kinda iritating. Possible that my win10 is the culprit here but it seemed easier to just switch to some other server.

In any case, I love the embeeded subtitles option and will be using this most of the time. However I cannot make the MKV internal subtitles to work the way it worked with Serviio. With Serviio when MKV file had for example 5 languages and I played that file via Serviio then on my Panasonic Viera after playing that file I could select 1 of the 5 available internal languages as subtitles. I cannot replicate the same option with UMS. Maybe it's not possible and it's either embeeded subtitles or none? I've tried to tick the "disable subtitles" option thinking that maybe that will switch the embeeding subtitles off and just send the file with subtitles as is, but still the option to select subtitles on my TV is missing.