Wrong Thumbnails

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Georg022

Wrong Thumbnails

Post by Georg022 »

Hello,

until today I had version 7.4 and everything worked fine. I had to update to version 8.2 and even tried version 9.0b2 because after the update I have a big problem.
All the thumbnails in my folders (shown on my TV) have wrong pictures. Movie A has the thumbnail from Movie B and so on.

I tried everything, went back to 7.4 and baack to 8.4/9.0, but nothing works. I unchecked miniatures, checked it again, tried every setting, tried to empty the Windows thumbnail-cache...

Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thank you very much

George

I included the log file, but there is no "error" to reproduce, it just shows the wrong thumbnails.
ums_dbg.zip
Log file from 9.0b2
(108.99 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Georg022

Re: Wrong Thumbnails

Post by Georg022 »

No one has the same problem?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You should probably delete the database files, so that it can be rebuilt from scratch. It sounds like your database has become corrupted. You can find them here: C:\ProgramData\UMS\database\
Str@nger

Post by Str@nger »

Have the same problem on version 9.1.0 (windows) and can not disable thumbnails at all.

What I try to resolve:
1. Delete database - no luck
2. Turn off thumbnails (generate_thumbnails = false) - no luck
3. Disable cache (use_cache = false) - no luck
4. Do 1 to 3 all together - no luck

Thumbnails still generates and "Movie A has the thumbnail from Movie B and so on."
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I haven't tested the versions of UMS after 6.8.0, so I don't know if there are some new bugs, but this sounds strange to me. I kinda sounds like the renderer is caching the thumbnails and that something has gone wrong there. Have you tried with a different renderer (the web interface, BubbleUPnP, Kodi) to see if the problem is across renderers or only for this one?
rathe

Post by rathe »

Hi I came across this post and I have the same problem, so where are the thumbnails being stored ? they don't seem to be on the pc where UMS is installed and not on my portable drives where the media is. I have looked everywhere and reinstalled it so many times. I thought maybe they are being stored on my Samsung TV where they stream to but I checked from my playstation as well and the thumbnails are wrong there as well.

I have also installed UMS on another computer that I haven't before, then I plugged in one of the portable drives and its showing the same wrong thumbnails, also one thing to mention is all of the captured thumbnails showing are from the media of a different drives and some of them are from pictures from other drives not just videos, these portable drives are not even plugged in to my PC. I deleted everything and reinstalled UMS now on both computers and still it's the same. It's like UMS has stored my thumbnails online somewhere.

I tried Plex and other Media servers and the thumbnails are correct, it's only UMS.

I'm using 9.83

Please Advise.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Probably the same issue as here where the TV was keeping the thumbnails in it's history.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
rathe

Post by rathe »

Yeah I saw that post after I had finished on this one, it did fix it, i had to do a full reset as the cache clearing and other things did not work. I would have done that reset in the beginning if it didn't show the same thing on the playstation at the time, I don't have the playstation anymore to try again.

My question, is there a correct combination of thumbnail settings in the UMS that will give the TV the right thumbnails or will the TV always override them ?, if so I will just leave all the settings off like in the other post you mentioned.