Black screen with Audio after upgrading UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Dayasydal

Black screen with Audio after upgrading UMS

Post by Dayasydal »

The issue is when I play a video on my Sony Bravia TV from UMS, I get audio but no video, so it's a black screen. I thought it might be a mkv issue, but it's the same thing for mp4 as well. I did install Avisynth.

I've been running an old version of UMS since 2015, I think it was 5.1 or something like that. I decided to upgrade my UMS today as I upgraded my router and thought it might be smart to finally update UMS as well. I've tried versions 7.2, 8.2, 9.0b2 and have the issue on each of them. I went back to 8.2 to generate the trace information I attached to the thread.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

[edit: each install was a clean install]
[edit 2: I'm now on version 5.1.1 and some mkv files play, but not all. I've tried moving the encoders around in priority, but nothing seems to help]
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(273.8 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Dayasydal

Re: Black screen with Audio after upgrading UMS

Post by Dayasydal »

After many clean re-installs of various versions and trying to mess with settings via the UI (not via file changes), I eventually tried version 5.4 and that worked for me. Quite a lot of pain for trying to use a newer version. On the plus side (for UMS), Plex didn't work at all either.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi, sorry for the trouble. It would be really useful to get a trace log from the version that works, and one for 9.0.0-b2, so we can compare them and see what has changed
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Also you said 5.4.0 works, what about 5.5.0 and 6.0.0? I'm trying to determine the last version that works so we can narrow down which change broke the support for your TV
Dayasydal

Post by Dayasydal »

Hi, sorry. I never subscribed to the thread so didn't get notifications.
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 onto a new mobo, cpu, HD so I thought I'd give this a go again, and had the same issue. So I came back to the forum.

I did a little trial and error and it appears that the last version of UMS working with my TV is 6.3.2.
I got a trace of it working at 6.3.2 and then a trace with the latest 9.1.0. Both are attached.

I've subscribed to this thread now so I should receive notifications of responses. I'd really appreciate it if this was working with my TV again. 9.1.0 loads the torrent list very fast compared to the older versions.

Thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg_9.1.0_No_Video.zip
(103.64 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
ums_dbg_6.3.2_Successful.zip
(84.28 KiB) Downloaded 307 times