Overall not working for my Tesla TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JericoBG

Overall not working for my Tesla TV

Post by JericoBG »

Hello people!
I know that maybe my tv wont be ever supported and i wont ever get a profile for it as it is not that popular among us, but still i cannot enjoy any type of movie of mine. When i play the movies with the default renderrer it is sometimes buffering sometimes playing but no subtitles despite i configurated them. Also fast forward or rewind does not work i cannot see where i am and how long until the movie ends..

Please help me!
I tried everything i found on the forum also i tried every single media server existing.
atamariya

Re: Overall not working for my Tesla TV

Post by atamariya »

Please post the logs following the guidelines on the top of the screen.
JericoBG

Post by JericoBG »

The strange thing is that in trace mode everything works - fast forward pause rewind movie length everything is displayed and the movie starts playing instantly, but still subtitles are not delivered. Probably it is playing instantly as the transcoding is not working in this mode. My problem is always presented when the file is being transcoded.
ums_dbg.zip
(200.3 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

When transcoding on the fly, UMS doesn't have the information about total length of the end file. Hence forward or seeking will not work. That's a known limitation.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

That's a over-simplification @atamariya. The fact is that there are two "modes" in use, byte-based and time-based. When transcoding, byte-based seeking doesn't work and the length in bytes is unknown. However, the time-based counterparts work and are known.

What "seek mode" to use is set in the renderer configuration, so it could very well be that this renderer actually supports time-based seek. It wouldn't surprise me if the default renderer is limited to byte-based seek only.
JericoBG

Post by JericoBG »

Can someone actually help me about my problem? Movies are just not working, sometimes they are playing but with a loading bar in the middle that circles the whole movie and i cannot even pause. If they somehow start normally when transcoding is on subtitles are not working. I do not want to transcode anything movies are playing instantly without it giving me the choice of rewind and fast forward etc. I just want the subs to work in this scenario just to pull the damn subs to the tv without burning them with transcode which presents my problems described above.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@JericoBG It's not that simple. Your renderer needs a configuration file/profile, and somebody has to make it. Personally I don't even try to do that without actually having the renderer in question, since it can be an almost endless trial and error process, depending on how good the documentation for the device is.

You have these options as I see it:
1 - Try to "force" other standard renderer configurations and see if you're lucky and find one that works reasonably well.
2 - Search and read this forum and study the default configuration where most options are documented, and create one yourself: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... derer.conf
3 - You can wait for somebody to "make it for you" either by guessing, having you test, feedback, correct -> test, feedback etc or because they have a Tesla TV themselves.

If I were you, I'd try 1) first, and then use 2) as necessary to refine the best one you found from 1), but it's completely up to you what strategy to pursue.