How to change subtitles position? (Samsung TV)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
matush

How to change subtitles position? (Samsung TV)

Post by matush »

Hello all,

Recently I've bought new Samsung TV with Tizen OS. While watching movies through UMS, subtitles position is too low as it is usually set at the bottom of the screen (and not video itself). Is there any way I can change position to be higher from the bottom of the screen for all videos? If so, where is that option as I'm clueless and TV doesn't allow to change position directly in menu.

Thank you all.
Madoka

Re: How to change subtitles position? (Samsung TV)

Post by Madoka »

You would need to determine if you are streaming or transcoding the subtitles. If you are streaming, then the TV handles the subtitle positioning. If you are transcoding, then you need to know if you are using .srt or .ass subs. .ass subs have the positioning information within the file itself, so you would have to edit the subtitle file. If .srt then UMS would handle it, but you need to know if you are using FFmpeg or MEncoder and specific settings that you have set. But you can start by looking in the Subtitles Settings tab in the Common Transcode Settings.