No Handshake WDTV Gen 3 Units & UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Retired

No Handshake WDTV Gen 3 Units & UMS

Post by Retired »

I have two WDTV Live Gen 3 units attached to CAT-5 LAN. There is a Win10 Pro Ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) successfully running Windows Media Streaming but with far less control than UMS avails. There is always connectivity between the two WDTV units and the PC used solely for Video and Music. If I disable the Media Streaming and then go back into the WDTV menu under Media Share I may see the UMS whatever the release but most of the time it does not appear only a RED X. So, is anyone even using the WDTV units anymore as they are aged. What is it within Windows Media Streaming that enable the DLNA protocol to always connect with the WDTV units but the DLNA handshake of the UMS software will not? I am open to any suggestions other than take a long walk off a short pier. Thanks in advance!
Retired

Re: No Handshake WDTV Gen 3 Units & UMS

Post by Retired »

Initially, I did not follow protocol of Problem Reporting Guidelines which is my bad. However, it appears this was a simple fix at least so far, I found the latest drivers for Win10 x64 on ASUS for my old MOBO, updated the NIC and now the handshake seems so far to be working well on both units running in separate rooms. As they say, keep those drivers up-to-date! I discovered this by reading the captured log. Great product UMS!