ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: For input string: "

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bengador

ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: For input string: "

Post by bengador »

Good afternoon to you all, and greetings from a newcomer.
I've been using UMS for over a year now and I never had any problems... until a few months ago: suddenly I couldn't see the contents from the PC to the Smart TV, and analyzing the problem turned out that something, I never got to know what, it was altered by the Firewall settings. I fixed it "provisionally" by manually editing the Firewall configuration rules, and so it was for the moment..., until a week ago that, in the middle of viewing a movie, suddenly a message came to the Smart TV about checking the connection..., and in fact this one was cut off.
The Smart TV options "see" the UMS (and UMS detects the Smart TV), but says there is no content to display.
As I had upgraded from UMS 9.0.1 to version 9.1.0 the previous day, I completely uninstalled the last version and started again from 9.0.1, but the problem persists. A complete uninstall, subsequently running SpyBot and CCleaner, to completely erase the previous installation even at the registry level, and subsequent restart and installation of UMS 9.0.1, has not resolved the issue.
The problem, which as I say is the same in 9.0.1 and 9.1.0, and which I stress suddenly presented, without any changes being made to the system, installation of other applications, etc., is ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: For input string: "
The contents of the string is a 16-character "empty content" (does not allow copying and pasting it), which in the record appears blank.
I have not managed to find in the options useful any that allows me to examine. On the "General Settings" tab I try to access the "Run Setup Wizard" option (needs to restart), but when I restart the application nothing happens and that option remains unchecked.
In "Edit UMS configuration file manually" I find no reference to that error, or string, either.
My mother language is Spanish, so I post this message with prior translation (Tradukka) into English.
I am grateful for the help you can give me, and i.e. waiting for whether additional information, LOGs, or the like need to be provided.
Thank you in advance.
Buenas tardes a todos, y saludos de un recién llegado.
Llevo ya más de un año usando UMS y nunca tuve problemas..., hasta hace unos meses: de pronto no se podían ver los contenidos desde el PC hacia la Smart TV, y analizando el problema resultó que algo, nunca llegué a saber el qué, me alteró la configuración del Firewall. Lo solucioné "provisionalmente" editando manualmente las reglas de configuración del Firewall, y así estaba de momento..., hasta hace una semana que, en plena visualización de una película, de pronto llegó un mensaje a la Smart TV acerca de que comprobara la conexión..., y de hecho esta se cortó.
En las opciones de la Smart TV se "ve" el UMS (y UMS detecta la Smart TV), pero dice que no hay contenidos para mostrar.
Como el día anterior había actualizado desde UMS 9.0.1 a la versión 9.1.0, desinstalé por completo dicha última versión y partí nuevamente de la 9.0.1, pero el problema persiste. Una desinstalación completa, corriendo posteriormente SpyBot y CCleaner, para borrar completamente la instalación anterior incluso a nivel de Registro, y subsiguiente reinicio e instalación de UMS 9.0.1, no ha resuelto el problema.
El problema, que como digo es el mismo en la 9.0.1 y en la 9.1.0, y que recalco se presentó de improviso, sin que se estuvieran haciendo modificaciones en el sistema, instalación de otras aplicaciones, etc., es ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: For input string: "
El contenido de la cadena es un "contenido vacío" (no permite copiarlo y pegarlo) de 16 caracteres, que en el registro aparecen en blanco.
No he conseguido encontrar en las opciones utilidad alguna que me permita su examen. En la pestaña "Ajustes Generales" intento acceder a la opción "Ejecutar el asistente de configuración" (necesita reiniciar), pero cuando reinicio la aplicación nada sucede y dicha opción permanece desmarcada.
En "Editar archivo de configuración UMS manualmente" no encuentro alusión alguna a dicho error, o cadena de caracteres, tampoco.
Mi lengua materna es español, por lo que posteo este mensaje con previa traducción (Tradukka) al inglés.
Agradezco la ayuda que me puedan prestar, quedando a la espera de si es preciso aportar información adicional, LOGs, o similares.
Gracias por anticipado.