Disable Subtitles in new version?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ravenfaust

Disable Subtitles in new version?

Post by ravenfaust »

when i play a video and there is a subtitle file in the folder, it now plays along wiht the video, before the latest version it did not do this ,how can i disable subtitles to autoplay?
DeFlanko

Re: Disable Subtitles in new version?

Post by DeFlanko »

see if this box is checked:
Casper

Post by Casper »

By default, english subtitles shouldn't display if the audio track is english.
The default value for the "Audio/subtitle language priority" setting for English users is:

Code: Select all

eng,off;*,eng;*,und
Which means:
If the audio is English, turn subtitles off. If the audio is anything else, display either English or Undefined subtitles.
http://www.universalmediaserver.com/faq/#Video3

Edit: I just tested and subtitles are incorrectly displaying so it seems the Audio/subtitle language priority setting is not working as intended.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

ravenfaust wrote:when i play a video and there is a subtitle file in the folder, it now plays along wiht the video, before the latest version it did not do this ,how can i disable subtitles to autoplay?
Yesterday I played subtitles in Radio and it worked 8-)
Now seriously. What about to write more info? What renderer used??? If renderer supports subtitles, UMS will not burn them into the picture but send them as is (I suppose Audio/Sub settings is not taken into account in this case).
If it is your case (Samsung TV, PanTV,...), you have to disable them on TV. UMS sends separate subs only, TV is the culprit which loads them.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It's likely that the subtitle file has not defined its language