X264 video's no longer play [Solved]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Symyr

X264 video's no longer play [Solved]

Post by Symyr »

Hey,

So UMS runs on: win10 1909 and my situation is as follows:
sat 14/03 everything worked but subtitles (subtitles not working was new but no idea since when that was the case) a x264 vid stopped playing at like 3 quarters of the movie, thought it was a flipped bit and connected a laptop to be able to finish the movie by skipping that second in the movie, continued watching the movie np.
I downloaded the movie again later in the week so after 15/03 and then i noticed that trying to watch a x264 video no longer works, other vids do.

What i tried:
Updating Java to it's most recent version
Updated UMS to 9.2
Downgraded UMS version by version to 7.4
Obviously i tried rebooting the system.

If anyone has any idea what it might be i would be very happy to try out your solution.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: X264 video's no longer play

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Symyr,

Please upload logs from the latest UMS version, after attempting to play a video that does not work. Then we can have a look at why
Symyr

Post by Symyr »

Okay so i updated to 9.3.0 again and did a trace log.

First i tried playing x264 movie without subtitles, then a H264 with subtitles (this worked in the past with subtitles now subtitles don't work anymore) and the third one is the one that got borked which got my attention in the first place that now can no longer be played (also has subtitles in the same folder with the same name that it didn't show)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(303.89 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you please also attach logs from a version of UMS that works so we can compare?
Symyr

Post by Symyr »

Well that's the problem i went back to 7.4 and couldn't get x264 to work, i'll keep going further back and when i find something that works i'll post which version and the logs.
Symyr

Post by Symyr »

Ok i tried every version i could find for download all the way down to 7.3.1 and even had an older version i still had in my own download folder, version 6.7.4. And i couldn't get any x264 or x265 vids to play. I downloaded a dolittle vid in h264 and a x265 version and tried those in the latest ums version and made a new trace log for ya if that helps. Tried a couple of vids to play and only the dolittle vid in h264 seems to play (didn't try subtitles )
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(145.9 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

What device are you trying to play on? Had a look at the logs and I see a "VIERA VT50 Series" at 192.168.0.251, but the files you were playing were on "Onbekende speler" (Unknown Renderer) at 192.168.0.183. Looks like there is no config matching to that second device so is defaulting to the unknown config, that is probably what the problem is.

Strange that it would stop working suddenly though, maybe that device updated itself causing it to send a different header that UMS doesn't recognise any-more?
you could change the default renderer when automatic detection fails to something close to what you have and see it that works. if so then the conf can be updated with the new header details.

I did see a lot of

Code: Select all

[GlobalId cleanup] net.pms.dlna.GlobalIdRepo deleting invalid id 1133
not sure what that means, maybe something to do with the database :?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Symyr

Post by Symyr »

Thanks mik_s, yeah i had a seperate profile for my panasonic bluray player that someone helped me make years ago and i never touched it since.
Seems it lost it's instruction to use that profile somehow because now on the newest version, after assigning that profile again, it works! Every vid i tried played and it showed subtitles!

Thanks for the help.