HEOS support?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rotane

HEOS support?

Post by rotane »

Hello all!

I plan on getting a DENON X2600H A/V Receiver, which does not appear on the list of supported systems. DENON AVRs come with the HEOS system, which supports DLNA media servers – but HEOS does not appear there either (neither does the Forum search show any results). So i'm curious: does this work in conjunction with UMS?

Thanks in advance!
Nadahar

Re: HEOS support?

Post by Nadahar »

You should be able to get any UPnP AV/DLNA renderer to work, but you might have to make your own renderer configuration file for that renderer. UMS comes with a number of existing renderer configuration files for devices where somebody have already done the work, but that doesn't mean that you're limited to those. That said, you must be prepared to do some reading and searching to figure out how to make a new one.

The easiest route is usually to start with an existing configuration that is "somewhat close" to the device you wish to support, and then edit that one until it works satisfactory. You will need to configure which format/codec configurations the device supports over DLNA (which might not be the same as what it supports over e.g USB), so I consider it essential that the manufacturer specifies this in the manual. If not, you will have to just test what works and what doesn't, and that can be quite a tedious and time consuming affair.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We have two Denon configs on the way - Denon AVR-X4200W and Denon AVR-4311CI, so you might be able to use those as a base for the X2600H

https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... /pull/1947
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... /pull/1948
rotane

Post by rotane »

Thanks everyone!

I found a config file for the X2500H, which should be pretty close to the 2600 that i'm getting. I'll look into this!

Thanks again :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool, if it works for you can you link to that config so we can include it?