UMS Instances in Windows 10

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
FranSiseuko

UMS Instances in Windows 10

Post by FranSiseuko »

Hi, i'm new with UMS, i have just 3 months using the program, actually 9.0.0 and 9.0.1, i havent updated because that caused me some problems, but this 2 builds works fine for me (Ps4, XBox, PC, Android/vlc, i tried 2 Bravia tv's but that's other problem).

My problem is, i been trying to run 2 instances of UMS so i can filter the content and connect 2 different interfaces, i have unchecked the box of "Execute 1 instance of UMS", click again to open UMS, it opens the "Welcome page" but it get stuck there, i don't know if i am doing something wrong, if Windows is the problem and it's not leting me open 2 services from the same program.

If someone can help me, thank you so much, if someone already asked this, sorry, i didn't find it.

Thank you.

PD: i'm going to add the trace but for what i see, this doesn't show up in the register of UMS.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(21.8 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Nadahar

Re: UMS Instances in Windows 10

Post by Nadahar »

To run two instances you must configure two different "profiles". These profiles must be in different folders, so that the database, temporary files and configuration files are separate. In addition, you must make sure that these two configurations use different TCP/IP ports. Finally, you must start the instance that should not run using the "default" profile location using command line arguments that specify the alternative profile location.
FranSiseuko

Re: UMS Instances in Windows 10

Post by FranSiseuko »

Nadahar wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 am To run two instances you must configure two different "profiles". These profiles must be in different folders, so that the database, temporary files and configuration files are separate. In addition, you must make sure that these two configurations use different TCP/IP ports. Finally, you must start the instance that should not run using the "default" profile location using command line arguments that specify the alternative profile location.
Ok, so, i need edit the UMS.conf, change folders and ports there, then, i suppose open cmd and run the second instance.

I will try this tonight, thank you.