m3u music playlists howing up empty on UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
veermaharaj

m3u music playlists howing up empty on UMS

Post by veermaharaj »

I have my music shared over my network and my playlists all used the shared network address of my music folder as shown in my screenshot.

I can access all my music and i can see all my playlists, its just that the playlists are empty...

Shared Music Folder:
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music

Playlist example...

Playlist: Oddballs.m3u
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Baby Driver\Button Down Brass - Tequila.flac
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Baby Driver\Incredible Bongo Band - Bongolia.flac
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\V.Music 1\The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Little Big Planet Soundtrack\Ananda Shankar - Dancing Drums.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\It’s Kind Of A Funny Story\Mayer Hawthorne - The Ills.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Little Big Planet Soundtrack\Kinky - Cornman.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Top Gear Driving Anthems\15. Alt-J - Breezeblocks.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Top Gear Driving Anthems\47. Passion Pit - Take a Walk (Radio Edit).mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Soundtracks\Trolls\Various Artists - The Sound Of Silence.mp3
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\Portal 2 Soundtrack\Volume 3\12. Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory - Cara Mia Addio.mp3

At this stage I think it may just be a configuration issue, however it could also less likely be a bug.

========================================================================

UPDATE

So I tried creating a m3u file with relative file paths,

When Your Heart Stops Beating.m3u
..\V.Music 1\+44 - Baby Come On.mp3
..\V.Music 1\+44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating.mp3
..\V.Music 1\+44 - Make You Smile.mp3

AND IT WORKS!!!!

BUT, if i do absolute file paths, be it from the local drive
C:\Users\Veer\Music\V.New Music\Zac Brown Band - Homegrown.mp3

OR network location
\\VM-ENTERPRISE\Users\Veer\Music\V.New Music\Zac Brown Band - Homegrown.mp3

UMS will not see the item in the playlist.

Is there a setting to fix this, or is this something that will need to be fixed on the part of the developers?

Some guidance would be appreciated, thanks and regards.
woollarding

Re: m3u music playlists howing up empty on UMS

Post by woollarding »

i am also confused as to why i cannot make playlists work,,, following this thread in hopes of an answer