File images for Apple are corrupted

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
map1947

File images for Apple are corrupted

Post by map1947 »

Hi: I'm trying to download the latest Apple version of UMS. I've tried downloading from the Fosshub and from Sourceforge. It make no difference. My MAC says the image file corrupted and can't be installed and advises sending it to trash. I'm running Mojave on an iMAC with 16 gig memory. I'm currently using version 8.1.0. Do you any suggestions?
Nadahar

Re: File images for Apple are corrupted

Post by Nadahar »

You have to run some command from terminal to allow installation of unsigned software, or to change the attributes of the UMS application. This is a block made by Apple to force users to only use software from developers that pay them to have an "Apple developer id".

It's sad that they chose to flat out lie, claiming that the file is corrupt, when the reality is that it's not "approved" by them. No project that doesn't have an income from license sales or ads can afford to pay Apple to get "approved" - so this problem isn't unique for UMS.
Last edited by Nadahar on Sat May 02, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
map1947

Re: File images for Apple are corrupted

Post by map1947 »

Thanks for your help. Starting Mojave, Apple disabled the option to download unsigned software. Fortunately, there is a workaround to reactive the option. Go to https://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-a ... atekeeper/ to find out to restore the option to download software from anywhere.