Docker issue. UMS works without docker

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
go_nuts

Docker issue. UMS works without docker

Post by go_nuts »

I too am having issues with docker image
I also get a warning message that states

Can't load neither /root/.config/UMS/UMS.conf: Unable to load the configuration from the URL file:/root/.config/UMS/UMS.conf nor /etc/skel/.config/UMS/UMS.conf: Unable to load the configuration from the URL file:/etc/skel/.config/UMS/UMS.conf

I tried getting the docker image this way
docker pull universalmediaserver/ums

and also using the dockerfile on a 9.4.1

the docker run command that I am using is
sudo docker run -it -p 5001:5001 -p 9001:9001 -v /media/:/media -v /homeDirPath/.config/UMS:/profile universalmediaserver/ums:latest
/media - has media files
/profile - has UMS.config with needed config info.

when looking at the log I notice the docker ip 172.17.0.1
but I am able to access server through browser with http://localhost:5001/description/fetch and I do see the xml response.
I did notice that the tag showed the docker host address <URLBase>http://172.17.0.2:5001/</URLBase>

I checked the logs but I am not finding a debug.log in my .config/ it might be because of the docker container..
I assume that there is some docker setting that I am missing I am just not sure where it is .(kinda hoping I just used the command incorrectly)

If you need me to do more leg work I can do so.. like using trace mode I can do so ... but honestly think that this is more of a docker issue

I decided to try
docker run -it -v /opt/UMS/UMS/:/root/.config/UMS/ -v /media:/media -p 5001:5001 -p 9001:9001 ums:latest

I have appended this question on a different thread but wanted to make my own just in case it was being overlooked. Sorry if you find this a repeat.
Attachments
ums.log
(13.79 KiB) Downloaded 331 times