Sony KDL-32W752 (and possibly other Sony's non-Android Smart TV) renderer

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Comrade Suhov

Sony KDL-32W752 (and possibly other Sony's non-Android Smart TV) renderer

Post by Comrade Suhov »

So, the other month I was sick at home and decided to try to use my kitchen TV Sony KDL-32W752 to stream some content with UMS via Wi-Fi connection and, of course, it did not work. I had "Server is not accessible..." kind of error. I checked my router settings, DNLA settings, TV's connectivity:- TV's media server testing said that server (aka UMS) is unresponsive. But at the same time, I could launch any movie from my PC by clicking on controls at Sony TV at UMS status screen. So, it sort of worked, but of course, you cannot select a renderer, audio and subtitles this way. After countless restarts of router and TV, Universal Media Server suddenly started to work like it should, with Library viewable from TV and all of that. I was so happy that I somehow fixed it but after a UMS restart it all was gone. Some 30 minutes of tirelessly trying everything later it worked again. Then it stopped... Then it fixed itself again...

By the time I was about to call a priest, I suddenly noticed a tiny detail. After both TV and UMS are restarted, there was a small chance (a bug?) to detect my tv not as Sony TV but as "Vizio -> Smart TV". With this renderer, my TV worked just fine, unlike with "Sony KDL-32W700B" conf (and any other Sony TV renderers available too). All I had to do is deselect all other renderers and leave Vizio Smar TV checked. Works like a charm now.

Maybe it's worth to upgrade preset configuration to this one to all non-Android Sony's smart TV's?