Can't play 4k files on new TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Can't play 4k files on new TV

Post by SubJunk »

No problem, it helps us both if we fix bugs :) I can't see any play attempts in those logs, could you please attempt to play it before making the logs?
j1mmers

Post by j1mmers »

SubJunk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 pm No problem, it helps us both if we fix bugs :) I can't see any play attempts in those logs, could you please attempt to play it before making the logs?
I did try to play the file a few times. In my logs it now says "ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to Family Room TV: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received"

I tried it again this morning and attached the files.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2020-07-04-06-29.zip
(597.86 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
j1mmers

Post by j1mmers »

Well I've been playing around with it some more and I managed to get another file playing by going into the transcode folder and playing the no transcode file. Few files worked great.

This file in question actually played with no transcode but the audio severely cut out in action scenes.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you let me know which file you tried to play? A partial filename will do. I can't see any play attempts in the logs so it seems the TV isn't even trying. We just released 9.8.0 with some bugfixes that might help, so please test with that, and if I know the filename I can at least know more
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Are you still around?