[Solved] Chapters don't work

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Juppie

[Solved] Chapters don't work

Post by Juppie »

Hi,
I am trying to play a 4K movie on my 4K Android 6.0 Blaupunkt TV (one of the lesser known brands) with VLC for Android.
PC and Renderer connected via LAN (router and PC are 1Gbit, I think TV is capped at 100MBit) and video is on a 7,2K RPM HDD.
The movie is BluRay and has like 14 or 15 sound tracks for different languages in it, so I play the file that has my language.
A bit off topic: I must mention, without transcode the video is very sluggish, takes about 10 seconds of watching a still image to play 2 seconds of video with no sound.

with transcode, FFMpeg and AC3 I can watch the movie with almost no buffering and sound plays ok.
As I try to select a chapter from folder 'FFmpeg video' (Audio AC3) , VLC for Android alerts me it cannot play the file (and does it for the rest of the files , with 10 minutes per chapter as per UMS config).
I tried chapter (no transcoding) but it just plays the video from 0:00 even if I select 01:00:00 hrs.
with 'MEncoder video' (Audio AC3) I get a blank screen, UMS in PC shows 0 bitrate, and no sound on renderer.
I am brand new to UMS, just downloaded it 3 days ago. It looks like the solution I need to watch 4K movies through LAN without stuttering, but if chapters dont work then its pretty much useless to me!

P.S. using arrow keys on remote to FFwd and Backward 10 seconds on VLC don't work with transcoded video - is it a TV/OS limitation? or video not buffered enough?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 343 times
gligort

Re: Chapters don't work

Post by gligort »

Hi
Since version 10.7.0 I can not use chapters.
Common Transcode Settings - Chapters Support is checked as 5 minutes, yet it does not appears on my TV Philips 42PFL4007H12.
I'm going to the movie folder, # -TRANSCODE-#, selecting any of the coders, but there are no CHAPTERS anymore.
It worked in previous version (10.6.0).
Thanks
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Chapters don't work

Post by SubJunk »

Should be fixed now