[Solved] Subtitle bug with MKV on Samsung TV?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mykee

[Solved] Subtitle bug with MKV on Samsung TV?

Post by mykee »

Dear developers,

I have an MKV file with two subtitles built-in, and an external forced subtitle, name same like movie.
I set UMS to Force external subtitles, but UMS no load external subtitle. After I convert MKV to MP4, subtitle has loaded.
I attached my settings under UMS, and I cannot understand why not load srt file if play mkv file. Subtitle inside MKV no show on TV.
UMS-subtitle.jpg
UMS-subtitle.jpg (177.36 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
mykee

Re: Subtitle bug with MKV on Samsung TV?

Post by mykee »

Here is my debug from an other MKV file, what include two audios and two subtitles, and I have standalone srt too. Settings is same, see above!
And here is a little more info: need restart TV AND server too, and then maybe will read srt file. Can you add "clear cache" (or something) command to TV? :roll:
Attachments
ums_dbg_2020-07-12-10-34.zip
(91.88 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
mykee

Post by mykee »

Ok, I give up. I tried more settings, encoders, and SRT name same like video, but TV cannot see subtitle, like missing this. Subtitle option no active when I played MKV file what include subtitle too. This joke. In UMS older versions has no problem with this. Why not send subtitle to TV?

Update: I reinstalled UMS with Clean install, and used Hungarian language too. Subtitle working with these settings:
UMS-code.jpg
UMS-code.jpg (165.2 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
And turned on Media Library too, and now working. Custom conf file for TV deleted (used for better video, ex. BluRay).
Everything working now.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the update mykee, glad it's working now