No subtitles can be chose while playing a HDR movies

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
revkoolg

No subtitles can be chose while playing a HDR movies

Post by revkoolg »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to watch the HDR movies via my Panasonic TH-49GX740H tv and I got some questions.

When I access the transcoding folder, there is one option for playing the movie without transcoding only, it works fine but no subtitles in srt format could be added. There are many options for playing the movie with transcoding and the subtitles in srt format can be added, however, I tried every option, none of them can activate the HDR function.

When I connected UMS via PS4, there is a option for playing the movie without transcoding with the subtitles in srt format in the transcoding folder. But of course, it cannot run.

Anyone know how to fix it ? Thank You!

Panasonic-Viera.conf
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
mik_s

Re: No subtitles can be chose while playing a HDR movies

Post by mik_s »

Probably because there is no conf made for that model TV so UMS is using the limited generic Panasonic conf instead to give some basic compatibility.

Will need full trace logs to be of any further help though, See link in my sig or in red section above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
revkoolg

Re: No subtitles can be chose while playing a HDR movies

Post by revkoolg »

Thank you for your kind attention~
ums_dbg_2020-10-05-14-33.zip
(169.17 KiB) Downloaded 326 times