How to remove languages from transcoding?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MTOakey

Re: How to remove languages from transcoding?

Post by MTOakey »

I just don't think that is the problem in this NEW version 11.2.0
I think, not that many people have even noticed there are no controls available.
“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”
phossler

Post by phossler »

Most of the files I get are MKV, and

https://mkvtoolnix.download/

will multiplex just the channels (usually video and one audio) into a new MKV file

Handbrake does the same

https://handbrake.fr/

I don't have to mess with UMS transcode, etc. that way
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

MTOakey wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:42 pm I just don't think that is the problem in this NEW version 11.2.0
I think, not that many people have even noticed there are no controls available.
Sorry missed this.
All controls are there for me. There is no need for FF/RWD in the web-interface as the timeline is there. It woks exactly like all the other video players on the internet like youtube.
I saw mention of adding thumbnails to the timeline in the Github comments so when you hover over it you can easily find the right section you are interested in. I don't know if or when this will be implemented though.

The control bar is custom for UMS to have audio and subtitle selection, but you can see the original one by right clicking and select show controls and you can see it has even less.
One thing that is missing that YouTube and others have that is missing is keyboard control, where Left/Right arrow keys would move Back/Forward 5 seconds and space bar will play/pause.

You can sort of do that in Firefox when using Picture-in-picture then it will work but that is Firefox doing that not the web video player.

For your Roku the conf might not be be setup right or is not being used by UMS for your type of Roku. Only way to tell is if you do some more logs trying to use the modified conf. Also post your conf separately just in case UMS is not using it and not including it in the zip and I'll see if I can find out why it is not working.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Yeah, I'm not so much worried about "thumbnails", nor watching on the web AT ALL... I stream directly to either ROKU or FireStick or a TV's own web browser... so I have to rely on whatever remote I'm using to control FFW or REW, Play, Stop/Pause... and it don't no worky. :cry:
As far as "subtitles" I'm an English only guy, and prefer them OFF ... However, my Wife insists on them being on... have not had any problems with them wherever. :)
“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”