LG CX DTS Problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
FrancescoV140681

LG CX DTS Problem

Post by FrancescoV140681 »

Hello everybody,

i bought a new TV. An LG OLED65CX9LA. I am very happy, but there is one thing i don't know. This TV don't support DTS Sound. Know when i play a movie from my PC with DTS Sound the TV told me an sound error and i hear nothing. Is there a possibility to transcode the DTS File with UMS to an File that the TV understand?

I hope you can help me.

Greetings

Francesco
Nadahar

Re: LG CX DTS Problem

Post by Nadahar »

Yes it is, but it requires that somebody (you probably) creates a renderer configuration file for your new TV that tells UMS to do so. The easiest way is probably to copy an existing file that's almost correct, and just modify this (to tell UMS that the TV doesn't support DTS, remove all instances of "dts" following a: in the "Supported" section).

Creating or modifying renderer configurations isn't exactly intuitive, and there's no good documentation that I know of, but you can find countless threads about the topic on this forum. It might take you some time, but you will find all the information you need by searching this forum.
FrancescoV140681

O.K. isn' it easyier that someone of the admins tells this to someone who create UMS? I know that i am not alone with this problem? Perhaps someone have a functionally configuration file?

I am a noob in things like this. I need help for this. Perhaps here is someone who can help?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Give this conf a try. Its a modified LG-WebOS config I made for my parents TV. It's not perfect and I have only done a few tests with it but may work better for you as it has DTS removed from supported formats.
Attachments
LG-WebOS-modified.conf
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
FrancescoV140681

mik_s wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:27 am Give this conf a try.
Thank you. I proof it and tell then if it works
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

FrancescoV140681 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:03 am O.K. isn' it easyier that someone of the admins tells this to someone who create UMS? I know that i am not alone with this problem? Perhaps someone have a functionally configuration file?

I am a noob in things like this. I need help for this. Perhaps here is someone who can help?
The problem is that you need to have the device to test it - and there are thousands of different UPnP AV/DLNA capable devices out there. No developer can buy them all to make working configs for them... so the only real solution is that somebody that has the device in question makes the configuration. What UMS should provide is proper documentation for how to do this, but it has been explained over and over again on this forum so anyone that's willing to invest some time will be able to figure it out.
FrancescoV140681

O. K. I am ready to make this. I can help to make a configuration for the LG CX TV's or for the Webos TV's without DTS Support.

The only thing I can't do is writing the configuration.
FrancescoV140681

So i puted the conf into the folder. For the first screen he accept the conf. But i ever have a second screen and there is the LG Oled conf in there. How can i change this for the second screen?
FrancescoV140681

But with the modified conf i have a picture but no sound.
FrancescoV140681

Hello everybody,

so i have some news. When i turn on all transcoding settings i have sound with the modified conf but no HDR. If I disable the transcoding settings i have HDR but no more sound. So we have to make a modified conf with HDR and sound. Perhaps someone has an idea to bring this together? I dont know.

Greetings

Francesco