OpenJDK Platform Binary Resources

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
speckledegg

OpenJDK Platform Binary Resources

Post by speckledegg »

So I recently noticed my CPU running very hot and the fans whirring up much more than usual even when the computer is essential idle.

On investigation, it seems that OpenJDK platform is taking up a lot of CPU and RAM. Closing UMS seems to immediately reduce the fan usage, and the CPU temp comes down. It does seem worse when scanning files (and I have a lot of media files in my library).

I noticed that this problem was solved in a version 9 of UMS and wondered if there was a fix for it now?

On a related note, is it possible to have an option to select which folders are scanned on startup and which can be left for a manual scan? I have a folder that often has new media files in it, but then I have a whole library that remains more or less unchanged from day to day. Scanning all the files on startup seems superfluous when it's only one folder that I really need updating regularly...

Thanks for any help - in the meantime, I'm going to downgrade to a version 9 of UMS to protect my CPU lol