server disapear from TV list every few minuets

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
shyh

server disapear from TV list every few minuets

Post by shyh »

playing 4k HDR content from my PC to my LG OLEDC8 will stop every few minuets, the server disappear from the list of inputs and then reappears after 30 sec.
I've tried with direct file playback and from transcode menu "no renecode", both with the same results.

the only errors I could fins on the log are:

Code: Select all

20:59:22 ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [LG] webOS TV OLED65C8YVA: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received.
21:08:30 INFO  Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:
User-Agent: DAFUPnP
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
22:17:46 ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [LG] webOS TV OLED65C8YVA: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received.
23:47:35 ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [LG] webOS TV OLED65C8YVA: Error: Error reading SOAP response message. Can't transform null or non-string/zero-length body of: (IncomingActionResponseMessage) 405 Bad Request (HTTP response was: 405 Bad Request)
23:55:02 ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [LG] webOS TV OLED65C8YVA: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received.
08:28:27 INFO  Changed debug level to ALL
any help would be greatly appreciated,
Shy
Last edited by shyh on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: server restarts avery few minuets

Post by Nadahar »

It doesn't sound to me like the server restarts, so I think your subject is misleading. There is no mechanism that I'm aware of that would make UMS start again if stopped, which also makes this very unlikely. What you're experiencing sounds more like a communication problem of some sort, which leads your TV to remove UMS from its list.

Nobody can do anything to try to help until you post the debug files as described in red above though. Your log excerpt isn't helpful, those errors are probably a symptom rather than a cause (trying to get position information while the renderer isn't playing anything).
shyh

Re: server restarts avery few minuets

Post by shyh »

thanks for the quick reply
I'll try to reproduce with trace logs
dmitche3

Re: server disapear from TV list every few minuets

Post by dmitche3 »

I might have this similar problem. It was very common with the PS3 Media server and it dealt with the Stay Alive broadcast. It has been nearly 10 years so I'm not accurate on details but the time that was set was like every 30 seconds to broadcast yet the software was taking longer than that. I remember that I modified the source at that time to broadcast every 10 seconds and it fixed my issue with the server disconnecting and my TV not showing the server.
Nadahar

Re: server disapear from TV list every few minuets

Post by Nadahar »

To spambot: effort 10, ability 0, language skill -5.