Playback of certain videos on Samsung TV stop about 15 seconds after starting with multiple transcoders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
diablo75

Re: Playback of certain videos on Samsung TV stop about 15 seconds after starting with multiple transcoders

Post by diablo75 »

Ok, so I've fixed it, playback works through UMS and I did not have to transcode videos in advanced. But I did a lot of things about the same time and I don't know what changes exactly did the trick. But here's a summary.

First, in the config file I changed these following lines:

DefaultVBVBufSize = false
MuxDTSToMpeg = false
ChunkedTransfer = false

Then, inside the UMS GUI, I went into the transcoding settings and did this:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.11 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Also, within the VLC Video and VLC Web Video settings I added a check box next to "Enable Experimental Codecs".

I also opened up the Audio settings tab within transcode settings and unchecked "Keep AC-3 tracks"

Playback of all the videos I was having problems with appears to be working now. I cannot jog back and forth within the video while playing back, but that's ok. This is better than transcoding in advanced which would have imparted a loss of quality as well as consumed more hard drive space with the resulting files, even if I deleted the originals.

Chances are just one of these changes did the trick, if not a couple... I just don't know which ones yet and don't want to experiment any more as my wife is now enjoying a show she couldn't watch previously. I'll play with it some more later.
mik_s

Re: Playback of certain videos on Samsung TV stop about 15 seconds after starting with multiple transcoders

Post by mik_s »

Good to hear. I'm not an expert on the transcoding side of things, so glad you have a better understanding to be able to get it working. :D

It would be good to know what setting was the one that worked so that can be changed in the future for other people.

Could you try undoing each option one at a time to see which one it was? My guess would be "ChunkedTransfer = false" though.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.