How to disable subtitles?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
xcglkjsg5twp3oj

How to disable subtitles?

Post by xcglkjsg5twp3oj »

Hi, I currently use UMS on my PS3.

However, every single time a video file includes subtitles they are displayed by default, even if they are not hardcoded.

This also happen with video files that have .srt subtitles with the same filename, they are shown by default.

Every time I try to turn subtitles off using the Triangle-Button menu and then the subtitle option (....), I get "There are no subtitle options available". Even though they are being very clearly displayed.

How do I turn them off / select different ones?
Nadahar

Re: How to disable subtitles?

Post by Nadahar »

You can't control the subtitles from the PS3, since it doesn't support subtitles over DLNA. Therefore, UMS transcodes the video so that the subtitles are "burned in". You must thus configure UMS to handle the subtitles the way you want it.

The subtitles configuration is somewhat complicated and not very well documented. I think you'll find the "best" documentation there is for this in UMS' GitHub Wiki. Alternatively, search this forum, as it has been explained over and over here.