Interface font size?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Xylem Flow

Interface font size?

Post by Xylem Flow »

Hi. I use a 4K PC monitor. The font of the server app is teeny-tiny. I can barely read it. Is there a way to make it bigger?
Nadahar

Re: Interface font size?

Post by Nadahar »

There's no setting for that. The GUI has to be made to handle different "scaling", and if it doesn't work there is nothing you can do about it. I know that at least some of the GUI used to scale back in the day, but later changes might have broken it.
Last edited by Nadahar on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donau

Post by Donau »

Xylem Flow is right. I have a Surface Book 3, 4k-ish monitor and uses DPI scaling. Pre-10.5.0, UMS scaled just fine with no problems. 10.5.0 and 10.6.0 the scaling is not working - most fonts are extremely small and but some are the correct size. For example the three buttons at the top of the screen - Web Interface, Restart Server, Quit. The 'restart server' button is the correct scaled font, the other two are not scaling and tiny.

There is a definite problem with scaling in UMS 10.5.0+ .
Donau

Post by Donau »

Scaling is still broken in version 10.7.0

See the attached picture

Would also like to confirm if this is the most appropriate place to report this bug - General Help and Support forum
Attachments
ums2.png
ums2.png (58.71 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have created an issue on GitHub so the devs will see it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Donau

Post by Donau »

Awesome, many thanks