[Solved] Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Bembudo

[Solved] Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

Post by Bembudo »

Hello,

is it just me or does getting movie covert art really lack for Universal Media Server? Ive been transferring my movies on my Jellyfin server to my UMS server just because I really enjoy UMS but I have to say UMS's way of getting Covert art really sucks or i'm doing something wrong? I have a script that i run that prettifies all my Movie names so I am not adding in any special characters, i also remove the annoying 1080p from the string if i see it and Jellyfin picks up on just about every movie i put on, but UMS doesnt seem to pick up on like 70% of what I upload to that server.A lot of the most recent improvements have been around episodes and seasonal program cover art, but I dont see any mention on Movie art in general. Is this working well for everyone else?

here is an example of a movie that is perfectly renamed and I do not get any covert art for it
Assassins.Creed.2016.mp4
valib
Developer

Re: Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

Post by valib »

The problem is that the movie name is

Code: Select all

Assassins Creed
not the

Assassin's Creed
than the IMDB returns null. Using the

'
means completely different meaning in the english language.
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Thanks Valib, this was just one of many examples, and thanks for the introduction to the English language, but there are many other movies without an apostrophe and still do not get picked up by UMS. Jellyfin picked up Assassin's Creed just fine have a look and it added the apostrophe for me it seems.

There definatley is room for improvement
Last edited by Bembudo on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I think the problem is the format of the year. For the

Assassins.Creed.2016.mp4
the UMS is thinking that the 2016 is the part of the name not the year. Try to use

Assassins.Creed.(2016).mp4
and you will see.
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Thank you Valib, surrounding the year with parentheses corrected the problem for the vast majority of my movies, i have about two left but im not complaining its way better than before.

Documenting this on wiki would help many or even on UMS website. :D
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

We are working on the fix. Can you provide the filename of movies whose are still not correct to be able to fix them?
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Below are three more helpful examples, i added a few more movies to my UMS server, ill continue doing so in the coming days. For now Im just enjoying UMS with the Movies i have so far. Let me know if you need for me to run any tests. Id be more than happy to help.I'm running Ubuntu 18.04

Beasts.of.No.Nation.(2015)
Birds.Of.Prey.And.The.Fantabulous.Emancipation.Of.One.Harley.Quinn.(2020)
The.Conjuring.The.Devil.made.me.do.it(2021)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting this, we are happy for the opportunity to improve the filename detection. Please try https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... embudo.tgz and let us know how it goes
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Thank you Subjunk, I will post my feedback today, in addition i removed the jellyfin screenshot. My intention is not to discourage anyone from using UMS. I've been following your development for quite sometime now and invested a lot of time in showing others the wonders and awesomeness of this beautiful web interface.

Thank you once again
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

here is a screen shot after using the build provided, not working quite yet, i tried removing the parenthesis and adding it again. I also cleared cache thinking the image itself is cached but nothing
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-06-10 09-21-16.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-10 09-21-16.png (820.94 KiB) Viewed 6520 times