Samsung Q800T & Q900TS (wrong thumbnails)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sdabrams3

Samsung Q800T & Q900TS (wrong thumbnails)

Post by sdabrams3 »

Support group,

Both my Samsung Q800T and Q050TS display incorrect tumbnails within the UMS folders; have tried cleaning up the cashe and deleting and reinstalling the software yet both TVs seem to have the thumbnails somehow cashed within them or I have some residual version of UMS located on my computers somewhere.

Seems impossible to be because the thumbnails shows are from different folders that UMS should not have access to?

Idea ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks
Scott
Last edited by sdabrams3 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: Samsung Q800T & Q950TS (wrong thumbnails)

Post by mik_s »

If the thumbnails are wrong even after a reinstall then it is your TV that is caching them. See if there is an option to delete history in your TVs options. For my old F series Samsung there is an option in the smart features menu called "clear viewing history"
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
sdabrams3

Re: Samsung Q800T & Q950TS (wrong thumbnails)

Post by sdabrams3 »

mik_s wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:01 pm If the thumbnails are wrong even after a reinstall then it is your TV that is caching them. See if there is an option to delete history in your TVs options. For my old F series Samsung there is an option in the smart features menu called "clear viewing history"
Thanks for your reply - however unable to find a similar options on those model televisions - just a full reset which would take forever to reinstall and authenticate each individual streaming app.

Guess stuck with them for now.

Thanks
Scott