Another Samsung thread "An error occurred"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Mavrik347

Re: Another Samsung thread "An error occurred"

Post by Mavrik347 »

Hi Sub_Junk, thanks for that. The I tested a film showing as an MKV file and it's now playing and the quality issue is fixed so that's great.

The MKV file that was showing as an AVI is now showing as an MPEG, along with a couple others. I imagine to do with encoding? However they all just show "An error occured".
Thanks for your help on this.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ok cool, can you try to force detection in UMS of other Samsung TVs to see if another profile works? I suggest trying "Samsung LED UHD" and some others if that doesn't work. That can be done on the General Settings tab, select the "Default renderer when automatic detection fails", and enable the "Force default renderer" setting.

Edit: The main thing we are interested in now is finding a config that will let your TV accept transcoded video
Mavrik347

Post by Mavrik347 »

Hi Sub_Junk, thanks again for coming back.

So far I've tried:
Samsung 8 Series
Samsung 9 Series
Samsung LED UHD
Samsung Q6 Series
Samsung Q7 Series
Samsung Q9 Series
Samsung QLED 4K 2019+

None of these are working, I am pressing the restart server button at the top after each change, is that right or do I need to restart the whole program?

Edit: I've just noticed, that when I click on the living room TV, it's showing as Samsung-UHD-2019.conf even though "Samsung Q6 Series" and Force default renderer are enabled. Is this correct?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It's probably safer to restart the whole program after making those changes, sorry!