LG C1 transcoding question

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
zer69

LG C1 transcoding question

Post by zer69 »

Greetings,

Any help gladly appreciated.

1) My test video file is MKV with HEVC+AAC-LC. UMS always transcodes for unknown reason. If I try to force non-transcode, it works. The video has internal subtitles only. The renderer is configured like this:

Code: Select all

Supported = f:mkv       v:av1|h264|h265|mp4|mpeg2|vp8|vp9   a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|mpa               si:ASS|SUBRIP   m:video/x-matroska
20:22:46 DEBUG File "XXX.mkv" will not be streamed because it is not supported by the renderer Telka
20:22:46 DEBUG Final verdict: "XXX.mkv" will be transcoded with player "FFmpeg Video" with mime type "video/x-matroska"
20:22:53 DEBUG Reading SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats: "SUBRIP,WEBVTT" (default: "")
2) Is it normal that for HDR content, the TV doesn't switch to HDR picture presets? Curios, if HDR works.

3) Anyone has updated renderer file for C1? E.g. not supporting DTS anymore.

Many thanks,

-Robert
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-05-28-08-13.zip
(64.51 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Last edited by zer69 on Sat May 28, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: LG C1 transcoding question

Post by mik_s »

Will need trace logs to see exactly why UMS is transcoding that file (see the red section above), or if you want to do it yourself there is a lot more information on the decision making process when in trace mode. I usually search for "Final verdict:" then check the entries above. Since it plays with no transcoding play then you can update the conf with the information from the trace logs.

I don't know about HDR as I don't have anything that uses it, and don't know about the C1 supporting DTS, depending on the exact model it may no longer support it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
zer69

Re: LG C1 transcoding question

Post by zer69 »

Thanks for the help, the issue was in the subtitles format.

HDR switches to HDR profile in case of Dolby Vision, for HDR10 it uses the SDR picture presets.

I disabled DTS codecs as they are not available since LG CX.

Attached, my renderer file. The only pending issue is fast forward in transcoded video, but that's not a biggie.
Attachments
LG-OLED.conf
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 129 times