Database error while trying to add parsed information

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MTOakey

Database error while trying to add parsed information

Post by MTOakey »

Greetings,
So, I am kinda new here, but have been using UMS for years.
Recently I had to get a new Win11 computer and reinstall all my software... including new UMS software.
And something new popped up in the INFO Log as it is starting up that I swear I never saw before-:

"ERROR Database error while trying to add parsed information for "D:\Videos\FakeMovie.mp4" to the cache: Column "EXTERNALFILE" not found; SQL statement:
SELECT FILEID, ID, LANG, TITLE, FORMAT_TYPE, EXTERNALFILE, CHARSET FROM SUBTRACKS WHERE FILEID = ? AND ID = ? AND EXTERNALFILE = ? [42122-212]"

It shows this for only a few movies, sometimes twice for each of them. ALL with that exact same bracketed code at the end.
The content of the error means nothing to me - as long as the video shows up and plays from the server when I want it to, I don't care about the metadata it can't find.
Is there anything I can do to stop seeing this error - OTHER than unchecking "Use Cache" ???
If I turn OFF the Cache, this Error does not happen.
Or, is this something that can be turned OFF {so it just doesn't show in the INFO Log file} by choice in the "Main Panel" maybe sometime in the future ??? {feature request?}

More Control/Options are always better than less.
mik_s

Re: Database error while trying to add parsed information

Post by mik_s »

That error is meaningless without context, if there is a problem there I would need to see full trace logs (see the section in red above)

At a guess it might be an error trying to retrieve metadata for that file and it is having difficulty parsing the data it gets. It could also be a problem with that file and its mediainfo cannot be parsed (can happen with an incomplete download) so UMS does not know how to handle that file, or it could be a database error.

If you do not want to use these functions then you can disable all online functionality by unchecking the "enable external network" box at the bottom of the general settings tab.
Disabling the cache will turn off the database so that will stop that error, but is not recommended if you have a large media library and can effect some functions of UMS that depend on it.

You could also turn logging to off so you do not see anything in the logs but that will not be helpful for troubleshooting. If this is not something you are interested in then just ignore it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.