built-in Subtitles aren't shown after video resume/forward

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
eclip7e

built-in Subtitles aren't shown after video resume/forward

Post by eclip7e »

Hi, so I have following problem I watch some movies/tv-shows with built in subtitles (subtitles are already included in mp4 file), when i launch movie all works fine, but then when i stop to watch movie later when i resume subtitles are gone, or similarily if i launch movie and forward it by arbitrary time lets say 30min, then subtitles are gone as well.

I want always to have english subtitles (regardless of audio) here are my settings:
https://i.imgur.com/WhMtWJj.png
mik_s

Re: built-in Subtitles aren't shown after video resume/forward

Post by mik_s »

Are those videos being transcoded or streamed? Could you post log files of this happening, see the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
eclip7e

Post by eclip7e »

Hi, thank u for reply here are logs as u requested, so i resumed video it was at 31min and no subtitles.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-07-27-22-05.zip
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I see that UMS is not streaming that file because the of the type of subtitles it is using and transcoding it instead. This may be incorrect and your TV might be able to play it natively. Try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and select "No transcoding". If that works then your conf can be updated to tell UMS not to transcode that format in the future.

I saw a lot of errors when FFmpeg was trying to parse the file, and a load of connection resets from your TV so that may be what is stopping the subtitles when you skip ahead. There was mention of some partially downloaded data in the same folder so it may be the file is not complete.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
eclip7e

Post by eclip7e »

@mik_s i always play from transcode folder (no transcoding) file, as from folder above most often the file is not recognized (or im unable to fastforward that film, dont remember exactly which one was it)