[Solved] Dates not shown on renderer after updating to 11.x

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Guttespeider

[Solved] Dates not shown on renderer after updating to 11.x

Post by Guttespeider »

While using UMS version 10.x, my Samsung TV would display the file date (created on or last saved on, don't know which) when selecting a media file from the list presented by UMS. After updating to 11.1, only a dummy date of 1969-12-31 is shown. My main UMS installation is on a Windows 10 PC, and the date got lost after updating to UMS 11.1. To verify, I updated UMS on a different PC (Win 7) from 10.21 to 11.2; Dates showed up correctly before the update, and not after. Is this a bug, or is there some setting i have missed?
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-07-30-23-41.zip
(415.64 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
mik_s

Re: Dates not shown on renderer after updating to 11.x

Post by mik_s »

I think this is a problem with the database. There are errors about missing the column VERSION in the logs, and after that the creation date sent to the TV is set to 0.

It may be that your database was not updated correctly when a new version of UMS was installed.

To see if this is the problem then quit UMS and you can rename C:\ProgramData\UMS\database to C:\ProgramData\UMS\database.bak and so that the next time UMS is started the database is rebuilt. This will lose played status so if that is important you can always restore the original after the problem is fixed.

If that has no effect then post some more logs with a fresh database.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Guttespeider

Post by Guttespeider »

Thanks mik_s. I exited UMS and deleted the database as you suggested. After restarting UMS, the database was recreated, but unfortunately the problem persists. As a test, I set UMS and MiniDLNA to share the same folder. When browsing DLNA content on my PC, there is a date on the files served up by MiniDLNA. The exact same files (names are different as I have the "prettify" option turned on) served up by UMS 11.3 have no dates (see attached screen shot). Any help is much appreciated.
Attachments
MissingDate.png
MissingDate.png (74.39 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
ums_dbg_2022-08-02-23-50.zip
(448.51 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The database errors are gone now but is still sending CREATIONDATE=0 to the renderer. I checked my logs and it does the same.

I think this has been overlooked in the update from V10 to V11 as the service that deals with these network requests was changed and a lot of other network related stuff was improved.

I'll make an issue on GitHub so the devs can look into what is causing it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Guttespeider

Post by Guttespeider »

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. I'll sit tight and wait for this to get resolved in a future release.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting this. You might find that it works properly on 11.1.1.1 if you want to downgrade to that until we fix it
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

The fix is done and should be in our next release