Getting #—transcode—# folder on LG OLED TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Cheesmo

Getting #—transcode—# folder on LG OLED TV

Post by Cheesmo »

I have .m2ts video files to play on my 55 inch LG OLED TV. On the TV I see all my photos but just a #—transcode—# folder in the list of media. Is this present because my TV doesn’t support m2ts video? If so, is there a way to get them to play on the LG TV?
mik_s

Re: Getting #—transcode—# folder on LG OLED TV

Post by mik_s »

I don't know the capabilities of that TV so maybe it does not support that format.

Is there anything inside the #--TRANSCODE--# folder? This is used to force transcoding or to change the transcoding options when a video is not supported by a device normally.
One option is "No transcoding" and if the video play with that option then the conf for that device can be updated so UMS will know not to do that automatically.

To be of any more help I will need to see what is going on in the logs. See the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

ok, will do, but I cant seem to find a folder by that name on my PC C drive. Where would it be?
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

also, where do I set NO transcoding?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That folder is a virtual folder created by UMS and does not exist on your PC.
Inside the #--TRANSCODE--# folder there will be a folder for each video, and in each of them there is a "no transcoding" option alongside all possible combinations of audio tracks, subtitles and transcoding engines.

If you don't see any of your videos in the top folder that contains the #--TRANSCODE--# then something might be set up wrong but don't know without logs.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

In the transcode folder seen on my TV, there are folders inside but when I click on them I get a message that there are no files or folders exist in storage device.what is that telling me?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have no idea without seeing your logs
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

see attached logs
ums_dbg_2022-09-12-17-36.zip
requested logs
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I had a quick look through your logs and there is a lot of errors related to database problems, but I don't think this is the cause of the problem and more likely related to switching to trace mode. I have seen a few logs from people that are similar fairly recently and it may be some of UMS's processes have not fully closed when restating in trace mode so it is unable to connect to the database. This unfortunately obscures the real cause so I could not see anything obvious. I'll create an issue on Github for the devs to check this as this should not happen.

I tried to find references to your LG TV using it's IP address but could not see anything, all I did see was before being in trace mode so there is not much shown.

Could you redo the logs but quit UMS after switching to trace mode then restarting it so the processes will have time to close and the logs will be fresh, then try accessing it from the TV.

Do you have any other videos besides m2ts like MKV or mp4? will the TV see them?
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

My tv model is oled55c9aua
I will try the steps you stated. It appears that other video types don’t play either but Will confirm.
Thanks for your help. It used to work. Not sure what changed.