Audio out of sync with Video (Debug in reply)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
InsipidCjs

Audio out of sync with Video (Debug in reply)

Post by InsipidCjs »

Hi Guys,

Apologies if the solution is out there, I looked as hard as I could, I also don’t have a great understanding of media servers etc.

I’m trying to play some media files (mkv) with embedded subtitles. The subtitle style only work on my Xbox or VLC Xbox (Samsung tv refuses to use the subtitle style).

When I load the video, the video is faster than the audio and the subtitles and is out of sync my

I’ve tried:

-Changing the audio types, going from 2 to 6 audio and a few other settings within the setup

-I’ve messed with every video and subtitle setting I can think of, no differences

The only time anything has changed is when I make it use LCM audio, it says the file can’t be loaded.

Here is a link to what it actually looks like on screen: https://youtu.be/fSGFYaZb_kM

Here is the torrent to an example of the file I’m wanting to play: http://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/%5BP ... kv.torrent

Would really appreciate any help, happy to get any debug logs or things like that, please just tell me how

Thank you!
Last edited by InsipidCjs on Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
InsipidCjs

Re: Audio out of sync with Video

Post by InsipidCjs »

Here is the debug file

All I did was start trace mode, recreate the sync issue on my xbox and then packed
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-09-18-00-17.zip
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
mik_s

Re: Audio out of sync with Video (Debug in reply)

Post by mik_s »

I can see that most of these episodes are being transcoded instead of streamed which means that the subtitles are being burned in my UMS. The only ones not being transcoded are 0,12,21 and 42. Are these working correctly for you?

As far as I can see the reason is the subtitle type "ASS" is not listed as a supported format on that renderer. Normally this should not cause videos to be transcoded unless the subtitles are forced in the file.

I don't know if the Xbox has support for subtitles but you could try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding" and see if it works.
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab)
If it does then I can alter the conf for you to tell UMS to not transcode them in the future.

For the cause of them not being in sync I'm not sure. Maybe the problem is the encode of that video. Have you tried playing it on your PC or other devices? does it play properly when not using UMS?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.