UMS not recognizing correct renderer

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nebrallim

UMS not recognizing correct renderer

Post by nebrallim »

Hi all,

All in all, UMS is functioning, but am getting new errors saying that my vlc client is unrecognized (is vlc on an android phone hence the confusion with Linux potentially? the error message is also reproduced when I try with my windows computer, but with "windows" where you see "linux"). the error message is pretty vague too, nothing is yielded with a google search. this has worked previously and was recognized as vlc about 6 months ago.

Error message:
"00:33:36 INFO Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:
User-Agent: Linux/5.4.147-qgki-g1ea04500339b, UPnP/1.0, Portable SDK for UPnP devices/1.14.13"

Logs attached.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-12-06-00-32.zip
Logs
(177.54 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
mik_s

Re: UMS not recognizing correct renderer

Post by mik_s »

I had a look at what UMS is using to match the header and looks like it is expecting the version number to be like x.x.xx where your version is like x.xx.xx

I have modded the VLC conf to change the regex from

Code: Select all

Portable SDK for UPnP devices\/1\.\d\.\d{1,2}
to

Code: Select all

Portable SDK for UPnP devices\/1\.\d{1,2}.\d{1,2}
which should now work with that version number

Just copy this conf to C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers and restart UMS.

I'll let de devs know to include this change
Attachments
VLC-for-desktop-mod.conf
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
nebrallim

Re: UMS not recognizing correct renderer

Post by nebrallim »

Thanks alot!