ALL Files Show As MPEG After Update to 3.4.0 - NOT 3.3.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
AYColumbia

Re: ALL Files Show As MPEG After Update to 3.4.0 - NOT 3.3.0

Post by AYColumbia »

Okay, it looks like 3.4.2 is definitely working fine and the actual cause of this seems to stem from a missing line in the renderrer's .conf file. The following was posted on the GitHub incident I submitted and I confirmed that the MediaInfo=true does indeed fix this issue including the MP4 icons. :D
Slanggurka (GitHub) wrote: I also have problems with my Oppo BDP-105. I have made a lot of testing with the Oppo93 render file.
What I have found is to avoid all files to be presented as mpeg, add MediaInfo=true to the render file. Also remove any file extensions from "TranscodeExtensions", i.e. iso and vob.

If you like me can't play movies with external subtitles add SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP,ASS,MICRODVD
Now external subtitles will work. For some reason some movies only for about 30 minutes in to the movie.
Note, if SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP,ASS,MICRODVD are added mkv files with built in subtitles will disappear when browsing in the Oppo.
But if you add an empty srt file with the same name as the movie in the same folder it will work.
Strange, but it works.
So in the OPPOBDP93.conf add:
MediaInfo=true
TranscodeExtensions=
SupportedSubtitlesType = SUBRIP,ASS,MICRODVD (only if you want external subtitles to work).
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

I forgot to follow up here that this is still not completely resolved. I did post the details in the bug tracker on Github. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks a lot.
map1947

Post by map1947 »

I have a similar problem in that ums sees my oppo 103 but the device can't see the ums on my wifi network. I've looked at the log and nothing jumps out. The oppo does detect my Mac but does not allow me to log into it. I just upgraded to 10.6 and having this problem. I tried installing 10.5 but the same problem. Any suggestions what to troubleshoot? Thanks
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't see how that's a similar problem but that sounds like UMS has bound to the wrong network interface, so you can force the right one in the settings