ALL Files Show As MPEG After Update to 3.4.0 - NOT 3.3.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: ALL Files Show As MPEG After Update to 3.4.0 - NOT 3.3.0

Post by SubJunk »

Great, thanks for the offer, I am interested in working on the MP4 thing. If you don't mind I'd like to test this a bit more too - it is fixed now but with more testing we might be able to do a better fix. Is it still fixed with this? http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-AYColumbia-2.exe
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Okay, I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Okay, so this latest build is worse because the server no longer shows up in the player's server list. So I couldn't even get to it. I tried restarting it and it didn't work. I also tried renaming the server name and restarting it and no go. Not sure if the log will help here or not, but I packed it up anyway and I'll dump it out in the usual place shortly.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm OK, I'll use the first fix, thanks for checking :) The fix will be in 3.4.2.
With the mp4 thing, it would be useful if you can check if any previous versions gave the right info
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Hmm OK, I'll use the first fix, thanks for checking :) The fix will be in 3.4.2.
With the mp4 thing, it would be useful if you can check if any previous versions gave the right info
Okay, it looks like the fix is not complete. I just added a new MKV file and it has the MPEG icon rather than the MKV icon. Unfortunately, when I was testing, I didn't have one of these which is an HD MKV with avc+ac3 streams. I'll send you a new log a little later as I need to run out for a bit right now.

I'll go back through previous version and see if the MP4s showed correctly. I just need to find out from Oppo what icon MP4s with avc+aac is supposed to display.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

@SubJunk,
I found out a bit more info on what I stated previously. It turns out the issue does appear but only when adding the files to the folders while UMS is running. So they show up with the wrong icon. Once I quit UMS and run it again, the files show up properly. Note that even though the icon was wrong and the info was zeroes, the file did play.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

AYColumbia wrote:...I'll go back through previous version and see if the MP4s showed correctly. I just need to find out from Oppo what icon MP4s with avc+aac is supposed to display.
I found out from Oppo that they provide the icons. Their response was "MP4 should have a MP4 icon unless the file is being transcoded to a MPG format." I don't use transcoding so I should see an MP4 icon when it's fixed.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ah interesting, good job narrowing that down. Can you upload logs for that? Then hopefully I can see if it's a problem on our end or theirs
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Ah interesting, good job narrowing that down. Can you upload logs for that? Then hopefully I can see if it's a problem on our end or theirs
Yep, let me grab the official 3.4.2 and get you the log from that. I'll shoot you a PM when it's out in the usual place.

Also, I tried all the v3 releases and some random v2 tests going back to 2.1.2 and none of them properly show the MP4 icon. BTW, here's my extensions exception list because my Oppo pretty much everything I throw at it: mkv,m2ts,ts,avi,mpg,divx,mp4,mp3,wav,flac,aac. Do you think the MP4 is being transcoded even though it's in the exception list?

Also, I noticed, in the log that when the Oppo gets the run time + resolution + fps info, it does show as "started playing...." I was curious why that was in there twice and the it dawned on me why. ;)
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Ah interesting, good job narrowing that down. Can you upload logs for that? Then hopefully I can see if it's a problem on our end or theirs
I tried sending you PMs but seems that's not working right now. They've been sitting in the outbox since last night.

Log is out there for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

BTW, the log is for a clean install of 3.4.2. The clean install now is back to showing ALL media with MPEG as the icon. Hopefully the log will reveal why that is since the AYColumbia-2 build did not show that issue. :(