Playback of DTS WAV/FLAC/MKA through UMS on PS3?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cbsewell

Playback of DTS WAV/FLAC/MKA through UMS on PS3?

Post by cbsewell »

I have several DTS encoded FLAC, WAV, and MKA files. Is there any way to get these to play back in DTS through UMS on my PS3? Currently some just hiss, while others play back at what sounds like half speed. They run the gamut of bit rates and all are 44KHz. As an experiment, I extracted the soundtrack of a 48KHz DTS MKV movie (which all playback perfectly as DTS) into an MKA file and that plays back at half speed.
Klidec

Re: Playback of DTS WAV/FLAC/MKA through UMS on PS3?

Post by Klidec »

I am also having issues with 5.1 flac files.
Back when I was using the ps3MediaServer all my 5.1 flacs played fine.
It's been a long time since I sat down to enjoy my collection and I'm also experiencing he hiss sound on all my files.
Not sure when they broke with UMS or if they ever worked.
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

have you guys found a solution ??
i have several mkv with 5.1 flac audio ! and instead of sending the untouched FLAC (as LPCM - yes i know as i must check that in the setings) UMS send it As AC3! i tried everything, still NADA !

any help would be grateful

ps: if i recall PS3 mediaserver did stream my MKV with flac as LPCM simply by enabling "DTS/FLAC to LPCM" but that only worked for me is the selected renderer was PS3 !
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Is MKV container supported by PS3? If not means that video is transcoded to the format I explained here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=600
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

hi again VAL ! like i just posted on the other topic....my renderer is also the Mede8er (realtek conf file, logically) and supports mkv...