UMS encoders causing stutter on 1080p movies

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
obiwan544

UMS encoders causing stutter on 1080p movies

Post by obiwan544 »

Hello,

I have been trying to setup a server on my PC so i can stream movies to my UPC Horizon box (Samsung SMT-G7400) downstairs through LAN. This device does not support external subtitles so im using the transcoder of UMS. This works fine until i get to parts of a movie that are difficult to render like sea waves and smoke effects. The image will slow down and stutter and the audio disapears, after this the image will speed up and later on the sound will come back.

I have traced the problem to being the Encoder since if I select no encoding in the Transcode folder it works like a charm. but if i select a transcoder with out without subtitles the issue occurs.

My PC is more than capable of keeping up, just to make sure these are my specs:

Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
AMD FX-8350
8GB crucial 1866 mhz ram
Asus GTX 760
1,5 TB HDD
128 GB SSD
Windows 7 64 bit

Is there anyway of resolving this issue? I have tried pretty much all the other server software's out there but non of them could compete with UMS or even have subtitles. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

PS. im using a cat6 ethernet cable so it should be a gigabit connection. i also set the duplex speed to this