Not Detecting Already-Running Instance

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
AYColumbia

Not Detecting Already-Running Instance

Post by AYColumbia »

I accidentally launched UMS while an instance was already running today and it did come up so I had two instances running. It looks like UMS isn't checking, on launch, if an instance is already running. It would be a good idea to have it do so I would think right?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and UMS is NOT running as a service.
AYColumbia

Re: Not Detecting Already-Running Instance

Post by AYColumbia »

Should I report this as a bug or is it behaving as intended? I posted it here first because I wasn't sure if I should report it as a bug.
rnb5500

Post by rnb5500 »

I believe this is intended. I think I read on the forum about running an instance of UMS and setting it up one way, naming it say MediaServer1. Then running another instance setup differently and naming MediaServer2 so you can have better compatibility with different renders.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

rnb5500 wrote:I believe this is intended. I think I read on the forum about running an instance of UMS and setting it up one way, naming it say MediaServer1. Then running another instance setup differently and naming MediaServer2 so you can have better compatibility with different renders.
Ooh, never thought about that. Thanks for the insight. Perfect timing too because I have two Blu-ray players that are a bit different and this would be a great way, now that we can name the instance, to deliver the media. :)
rnb5500

Post by rnb5500 »

Don't hold me to it because I can't find the thread, but I seem to recall reading something about it on here.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

As rnd5500 said, it's by design to enable you to stream to multiple renderer's.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum