Can't play mp3 on Samsung TV when casting from Android

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
spkbr

Can't play mp3 on Samsung TV when casting from Android

Post by spkbr »

Hello there,

I have a Samsumg 2012 TV, un32eh6030, that isn't a smart tv, but comes with the Allshare feature, that can stream files from UMS just fine. I'm using a wired 100mb network.

Recently I discovered an Android app, called BubbluUPnP that can stream files from UMS to my Android as well, but another interesting feature is, through my cellphone with this app, I can play files from UMS to my TV, without having to use the remote. Sometimes it works just fine for videos, with tracking, and sometimes video tracking doesn't work at all. Strange, but not the problem I'm looking for support.

One idea I had was to create a mp3 playlist from my files using this BubbleUPnP, that would be played in sequence on my tv. This is one of its features. Problem is: everytime I try to play a mp3 using this method, my tv says the file is unsupported. If I choose it directly from the tv menu, using its remote, it works great, for the same file. m4a files, though, seems to work through both methods. At first, I didn't care that much, as I thought it was a tv's problem. But today I decided to test this feature using MediaMonkey's DLNA and guess what? The tv read all the mp3s i chose using BubbleUPnP.

So, I decided to do some tests, and found that UMS shows some errors when using method 1 (BubbleUPnP), but not when method 2( tv menu/remote). So, the debug logs (trace level) are attached. Hope I can help clearing this error, if you have any question.

Thanks a lot in advance.
spike

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2014-04-15 00:21:26.472 [New I/O worker #13] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:359) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:291) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:249) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:142) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:145) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:296) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:459) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:536) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:435) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:268) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:255) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:88) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:318) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178) ~[ums.jar:3.5.0]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_51]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_51]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_51]
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
File that gives error is 01. Fast in My Car.mp3. 01. Episode.m4a doesn't give an error.
(48.03 KiB) Downloaded 458 times